What is the Criteria for Selecting a Company?
The ATHENA of the Triangle Board of Directors makes all selections from applications received. Entrepreneurs are chosen based on their potential to effectively utilize an advisory panel’s ability to assist the company’s growth.
The criteria to be considered for the mentorship and guidance through the ATHENA PowerLink® program are:
- Be owned by at least 51 percent by a woman:Tax Returns required as proof
- Have been in operation for at least two years
- Have a minimum of two employees. One can be the woman business owner herself.
- Generate annual revenues of at least $250,000 if in manufacturing or retail, or $100,000 if in a service business
- Have clearly defined company objectives/goals with explicit reasons for seeking ATHENA PowerLink assistance