ATHENA LEADERSHIP AWARD
The ATHENA Leadership Award celebrates exemplary leadership and is reflective of a quote by Plato: What is honored in a country will be cultivated there. Over 7,000 Recipients have been honored with the ATHENA Leadership Award since the program’s inception in 1982.
Nominations for The ATHENA Leadership Award are postponed until 2021.
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession
- Provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in their community
- Actively assist women in achieving their full leadership potential
- ATHENA Leadership Award Nominees may represent either the profit or not-for-profit sector.
- There is no minimum or maximum age qualification that must be met by ATHENA Leadership Award Nominees.
COMPLETING THE FORM
- You are encouraged to work closely with your nominee to complete their nomination.
- Nominations for the ATHENA Leadership Award must be submitted using this nomination form and format.
- You may include supporting documents (articles, testimonials, etc) with your completed nomination form.
- Deadline for submission: June 30, 2020
A Selection Committee, made up of a diverse group of community leaders, will review all nominations and select the ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award Recipient. The Recipient will be announced at the ATHENA of the Triangle Leadership Luncheon on Thursday, September 17, 2020.
RETURN COMPLETED FORM TO:
Tiamesha Walker-Smith, Executive Director, ATHENA of the Triangle