The ATHENA of the Triangle Board of Directors make all selections from applications received. Entrepreneurs are chosen based on their potential to effectively utilize an advisory panel’s ability to assist the company’s growth.
- Be owned by at least 51 percent by a woman: Tax Returns required as proof
- Have been in operation for at least two years
- Have a minimum of two employees (one can be the woman business owner herself)
- Generate annual revenues of at least $250,000 (manufacturing or retail), or $100,000 (service business)
- Have clearly defined company objectives/goals with explicit reasons for seeking ATHENAPowerLink® assistance
The deadline to apply is March 31, 2024.
If you are selected as a 2024 – 2025 ATHENAPowerLink® Candidate, Your Responsibilities are:
To pay (3) three installments of $600 for a total of $1,800 to be invoiced throughout the program. The benefit of participating in the program produces an exponential return on investment.
To provide a 20-minute presentation to the Selection Committee on an agreed upon date.
To provide a suitable meeting place for the advisory panel, if needed. Some meetings may take place virtually
To provide the meeting agenda, any appropriate materials for the panel members, and the panel coordinator. This includes, but is not limited to, the past 3 years of tax returns, financial statements, an executive summary, and company literature.
To delineate specific company problems requiring the advice of panel members so that solutions can be suggested. Ultimately, the owner has the ability to accept or reject the suggestions made by panel members.