The ATHENA of the Triangle Board of Directors make all selections from applications received. Entrepreneurs are chosen based on their potential to effectively utilize an advisory panel’s ability to assist the company’s growth.
- Be owned by at least 51 percent by a woman: Tax Returns required as proof
- Have been in operation for at least two years
- Have a minimum of two employees (one can be the woman business owner herself)
- Generate annual revenues of at least $250,000 (manufacturing or retail), or $100,000 (service business)
- Have clearly defined company objectives/goals with explicit reasons for seeking ATHENAPowerLink® assistance
If you are selected as a 2020 ATHENAPowerLink® Candidate, Your Responsibilities are:
To pay a one-time franchise fee of $600 at the start of the program to the Athena International Foundation. There is NO cost to go through the ATHENA of the Triangle program.
To provide a 20-minute presentation to the Selection Committee on an agreed upon date.
To provide a suitable meeting place for the advisory panel, if needed. Some of the meetings may take place at a panel advisor’s office.
To provide the meeting agenda, any appropriate materials for the panel members, and the panel coordinator. This includes, but is not limited to, the past 3 years of tax returns, financial statements, an executive summary, and company literature.
To delineate specific company problems requiring the advice of panel members so that solutions can be suggested. Ultimately, the owner has the ability to accept or reject the suggestions made by panel members.