The Technology Field?
- Lack of mentors
- Lack of female role models in the field
- Gender bias in the workplace
- Unequal growth opportunities compared to men
- Unequal pay for the same skills
their organizations, including greater profitability,
AiT Program Background: Formed in 2018, an Advisory Panel, comprised of leaders from technology, leadership development, education, entrepreneur, and research industries, serve as role models who exemplify the ATHENA Leadership Model®. Fostering collaboration, this Advisory Panel fosters identifies and transforms the network of women into technology fields where the greatest opportunity exists for economic empowerment in the future.
AiT SOLUTION: Build the pipeline of women leaders, starting in the classroom
- Infuse technology-contextual versions of the ATHENA Leadership Model into middle school/high school curriculums.
- Develop a virtual curriculum for the “Becoming ATHENA” program, focused on women in technology, that can be applied locally and beyond.
AiT SOLUTION: Advocate and raise awareness
- Host “ATHENA Speaks,” an advocacy speaker series that shares firsthand experiences from local technology leaders.
- Support emerging leaders in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area through career assistance and networking.
AiT Partners with like-minded groups
- Engage with a myriad of local organizations, from collaborative public-school systems to innovative technology companies, to address the gaps in leadership development throughout a woman’s professional journey.
How the AiT Program Measures Success Year 1:
Interested in Joining Us
The AiT Process